It went to the wire, but each and every fighter on this weekend’s UFC 217 card in Madison Square Garden made their contracted weight at the official weigh-ins inside the Stewart Hotel in New York City on Friday morning.
Women’s strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk was last to weigh in, arriving to the scales with just five minutes remaining in the two hour window where she registered the championship weight of 115-pounds. Her opponent on Saturday, Rose Namajunas, tipped the scales at 114-pounds. While ultimately not necessary, had Jedrzejczyk missed weight during the official weigh-in window the New York Athletic Commission would have afforded her an extra two hours to attempt to make her contracted weight — provided she weighed no more than 116-pounds in the initial window.
Elsewhere, all four competitors in the two other title fights made weight without incident. Middleweight champion Michael Bisping uttered a ‘Fuck you Georges’ moments after weighing in at 184.6 pounds. Georges St-Pierre, the second last to weigh in, weighed in at 184.4 pounds for his middleweight debut.
Rivals Cody Garbrant and T.J. Dillashaw weighed 135 pounds and 134.8 pounds respectively for the bantamweight title fight.
UFC 217 Weigh-In Results
- Middleweight: Michael Bisping (184.6) vs. Georges St-Pierre (184.4)
- Bantamweight: Cody Garbrandt (135) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (134.8)
- Women’s Strawweight: Joanna Jędrzejczyk (115) vs. Rose Namajunas (114)
- Welterweight: Stephen Thompson (170.4) vs. Jorge Masvidal (171)
- Middleweight: Johny Hendricks (185.8) vs. Paulo Borrachinha (185.8)
- Lightweight: James Vick (155.2) vs. Joe Duffy (155.4)
- Heavyweight: Mark Godbeer (244) vs. Walt Harris (251.8)
- Light Heavyweight: Ovince St. Preux (205) vs. Corey Anderson (205.4)
- Welterweight: Mickey Gall (169.8) vs. Randy Brown (170.8)
- Light Heavyweight: Michal Oleksiejczuk (205.2) vs. Ion Cutelaba (205.6)
- Heavyweight: Curtis Blaydes (258.8) vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk (242.2)
- Bantamweight: Aiemann Zahabi (135.2) vs. Ricardo Ramos (135.4)