The weigh-ins for the UFC’s pay-per-view return to London passed off (mostly) without a hitch ahead of Saturday’s card to be headlined by a world title trilogy bout between Leon Edwards and Kamaru Usman.
Both men registered championship weight of 170-pounds even around 36 or so hours before they are due to step into the cage to settle a score which currently stands at 1-1. Their faultless weigh-ins comes even as Colby Covington confirmed rumours he was in town by making weight as the backup fighter for the main event, though it appears almost certain at this point that his services will not be required.
Elsewhere, an intriguing co-main between Justin Gaethje and Rafael Fiziev is also official after both registered the non-title lightweight weight of 156-pounds, while the returning Gunnar Nelson hit his mark (170) ahead of his contest with Bryan Barbarena (171).
The sole fighter to miss weight was flyweight Malcolm Gordon who came in 3.5-pounds over the limit ahead of his fight with England’s Jake Hadley on the undercard.
The full UFC 286 weigh-in results are:
- Leon Edwards (170) vs. Kamaru Usman (170)
- Rafael Fiziev (156) vs. Justin Gaethje (156)
- Bryan Barberena (171) vs. Gunnar Nelson (170)
- Jennifer Maia (125) vs. Casey O’Neill (125)
- Roman Dolidze (186) vs. Marvin Vettori (185.5)
- Makwan Amirkhani (146) vs. Jack Shore (146)
- Chris Duncan (156) vs. Omar Morales (156)
- Yanal Ashmoz (155) vs. Sam Patterson (155.5)
- Jafel Filho (125.5) vs. Muhammad Mokaev (126)
- Lerone Murphy (145.5) vs. Gabriel Santos (145.5)
- Christian Duncan (185.5) vs. Dusko Todorovic (186)
- Malcolm Gordon (129.5) vs. Jake Hadley (126)
- Luana Carolina (126) vs. Joanne Wood (126)
- Jai Herbert (156) vs. Ludovit Klein (156)
- Veronica Hardy (125.5) vs. Juliana Miller (125.5)