Two title fights are officially on tap for Madison Square Garden on Saturday night following UFC 295’s Friday weigh-ins in the Big Apple.
All four men in the two title fights that top the UFC’s annual November trip to New York City made weight with ease, with Jiri Prochazka and Alex Pereira both coming in under the light heavyweight championship weight of 205-pounds. Likewise in the co-main, England’s Tom Aspinall and Russia’s Sergei Pavlovich both came in five or so pounds under the heavyweight limit of 265.
Just two fighters were heavy on the scales. Roosevelt Roberts was two-pounds over the lightweight non-title limit of 156-pounds for his fight with Mateusz Rebecki. Likewise, Jamall Emmers missed by a single pound for the featherweight fight which opens fight card against Dennis Buzukja. Both will be deducted a percentage of their purse, but the bouts are expected to proceed as planned.
Check out the highlights below:
The full UFC 295 weigh-in results:
- Jiri Prochazka (204.2) vs. Alex Pereira (204)
- Sergei Pavlovich (259.8) vs. Tom Aspinall (261.6)
- Jessica Andrade (116) vs. Mackenzie Dern (115.6)
- Matt Frevola (155.6) vs. Benoit Saint-Denis (156)
- Diego Lopes (145.4) vs. Pat Sabatini (145.8)
- Alessandro Costa (125.4) vs. Stephen Erceg (125.6)
- Loopy Godinez (115) vs. Tabatha Ricci (115.4)
- Mateusz Rebecki (155.8) vs. Roosevelt Roberts (158) — Roberts missed weight
- Viacheslav Borshchev (154.8) vs. Nazim Sadykhov (155.6)
- Jared Gordon (155.6) vs. Mark Madsen (155.6)
- John Castaneda (137.6) vs. Kyung Ho Kang (138)
- Kevin Borjas (125.8) vs. Joshua Van (125.8)
- Dennis Buzukja (145.6) vs. Jamall Emmers (147) — Emmers missed weight