Italy’s Marvin Vettori has his mean-mugging game down to a tee.
After his UFC on ABC 2 featured fight with Darren Till was scrapped owing to a collarbone injury sustained by the scouser in training, Vettori must now turn his attention to short-notice replacement Kevin Holland — the fighter who won five on the spin last year before coming up short last month in his sole fight to date this year against Derek Brunson.
The (brief) lead-in to their fight has been a fraught one, with both fighters signalling that they are very much anticipating the opportunity to trade 4oz leather in the cage in Las Vegas on Saturday night, something which was particularly evident in the pre-fight staredown.
As for the weigh-in side of things, both Holland and Vettori hit their marks but Holland registered just 183.5 pounds, while Vettori his the middleweight non-title limit of 186 pounds.
Elsewhere on the card, a particularly tasty co-main event between Arnold Allen and Sodiq Yusuff is also official after both men made weight early Friday morning, while Mike Perry hit 170 pounds for fight against Daniel Rodriguez which will open the main card.
The full UFC on ABC 2 weigh-in results are:
- Marvin Vettori (186) vs. Kevin Holland (183.5)
- Arnold Allen (145.5) vs. Sodiq Yusuff (146)
- Sam Alvey (186) vs. Julian Marquez (186)
- Nina Nunes (116) vs. Mackenzie Dern (115)
- Mike Perry (170) vs. Daniel Rodriguez (170.5)
- Jim Miller (155.5) vs. Joe Solecki (155.5)
- Mateusz Gamrot (156) vs. Scott Holtzman (155.5)
- Erin Blanchfield (135) vs. Norma Dumont (139.5) — Dumont missed weight, prompting the fight to be cancelled.
- Ignacio Bahamondes (156.75)+ vs. John Makdessi (153.5) — Bahamondes was 3/4 of pound overweight, will forfeit 20 percent of purse
- Jarjis Danho (255.5) vs. Yorgan De Castro (261.5)
- Hunter Azure (135.5) vs. Jack Shore (136)
- Jordan Griffin (145.5) vs. Luis Saldana (145.5)
- Da Un Jung (205.5) vs. William Knight (205.5)
- Impa Kasanganay (170.5) vs. Sasha Palatnikov (170.5)