The UFC Fight Night 109 weigh-ins ahead of Sunday evening’s card in Stockholm, Sweden, have taken place. The main event, in which hometown fighter Alexander Gustafsson takes on fellow light heavyweight Glover Teixera, was made official as both fighters stepped on the scale within the divisional weight limit. Darren Till, meanwhile, was the only one of 24 fighters who missed weight.
‘The Mauler’ Alexander Gustafsson will fight in his home country for the third time under the UFC banner on Sunday, knowing that a win over longtime top contender Glover Teixeira will help solidify his status as the next challenger to 205-pound gold when a winner emerges from this summer’s Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones championship bout. Gustafsson, who holds a win over the division’s other prime candidate for contender in Jimi Manuwa, stepped on the scales inside the Ericsson Globe arena at 205-pounds exactly.
His opponent clocked in a 206-pounds, within the 1 pound allowance for non-title bouts.
In an unusual step for recent UFC events, the decision to hold early weigh-ins was dropped for this weekend’s event. Instead, the promotion opted for the official weigh-ins to merge with the ceremonial ones.
Liverpool’s Darren Till, making his first UFC appearance since drawing with Nicolas Dalby in Dublin in 2014 weighed in a 176-pounds for his welterweight fight with Jessin Ayari. Till will be deducted 30% of his purse as a result and the organisation have confirmed the bout will proceed as a catchweight contest, however Till must weigh-in by 1pm on Sunday at 187-pounds or less as per John Morgan.
The full weigh-ins results were:
- Alexander Gustafsson (205) vs. Glover Teixeira (206)
- Misha Cirkunov (206) vs. Volkan Oezdemir (206)
- Ben Saunders (168) vs. Peter Sobotta (171)
- Omari Akhmedov (171) vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan (170)
- Oliver Enkamp (170) vs. Nordine Taleb (170)
- Jack Hermansson (186) vs. Alex Nicholson (185)
- Pedro Munhoz (136) vs. Damian Stasiak (134)
- Chris Camozzi (186) vs. Trevor Smith (186)
- Reza Madadi (156) vs. Joaquim Silva (156)
- Nico Musoke (171) vs. Bojan Velickovic (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD – FIGHT PASS
- Jessin Ayari (170) vs. Darren Till (176) Till missed weight and surrenders 30% of his purse to Ayari.
- Damir Hadzovic (156) vs. Marcin Held (156)