Saturday night’s featherweight title bout in Rio De Janeiro is official after both José Aldo and Max Holloway made weight this afternoon ahead of their UFC 212 headliner.
Both fighters clocked in at the championship weight of 145-pounds in Friday’s early weigh-ins in Brazil, in what is the first UFC featherweight title bout since December 2015. Holloway, he of a 10-fight win streak, appeared in confident form on the scales, motioning to the reporters in the room that he was going to leave Brazil with the title belt around his waist.
Aldo, meanwhile, required the towel to hit the championship weight of 145-pounds but did so at the first time of asking.
Co-headliners Claudia Gadelha and Karolina Kowalkiewicz also made their contracted weight in advance of the women’s strawweight top contender bout tomorrow evening.
Every single one of tomorrow night’s fighters have successfully made weight.
UFC 212 Weigh-In Results:
- Champ Jose Aldo (145) vs. interim Max Holloway (145) – featherweight title unification bout
- Claudia Gadelha (116) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (115)
- Vitor Belfort (185) vs. Nate Marquardt (186)
- Paulo Borrachinha (186) vs. Oluwale Bamgbose (184)
- Yancy Medeiros (171) vs. Erick Silva (171)
- Raphael Assuncao (136) vs. Marlon Moraes (136)
- Antonio Carlos Junior (185) vs. Eric Spicely (184)
- Johnny Eduardo (136) vs. Matthew Lopez (136)
- Iuri Alcantara (136) vs. Brian Kelleher (134)
Fight Pass Prelims
- Jamie Moyle (116) vs. Viviane Pereira (113)
- Luan Chagas (171) vs. Jim Wallhead (170)
- Marco Beltran (126) vs. Deiveson Alcantra (126)