Saturday’s UFC Atlantic City lightweight main event between Kevin Lee and Edson Barboza has been commuted to a catchweight bout following Lee registering a weight of 157-pounds at Friday’s weigh-ins.
Lee (16-3) appeared at the weigh-ins with five minutes remaining of the two-hour window and registered a weight one pound above the 156-pound limit. As a result, he will be docked 20% of his purse. His opponent, Edson Barboza, has accepted the the bout at a catchweight of 157-pounds. Earlier in the day, the Brazilian clocked in at 155.6-pounds on the scales.
Elsewhere on the card, Aspen Ladd also missed weight for her bantamweight match-up with Leslie Smith while Ulka Sasaki has been left without an opponent on the eve of the event after Magomed Bibulatov was forced to withdraw from the card citing a back injury.
Lee commented on the incident shortly after on Instagram, stating that this was the first time in his entire athletic career that he has missed weight.
C0-main event fighters Frankie Edgar and Cub Swanson both made the featherweight weight limit without incident.
The full weigh-in results for UFC Atlantic City are:
- Edson Barboza (155.6) vs. Kevin Lee (157)
- Frankie Edgar (145.6) vs. Cub Swanson (145)
- Chase Sherman (247) vs. Justin Willis (265.4)
- David Branch (186) vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos (185.8)
- Brett Johns (135.8) vs. Aljamain Sterling (135.2)
- Dan Hooker (155.6) vs. Jim Miller (155.4)
- Alex Garcia (171) vs. Ryan LaFlare (170.6)
Magomed Bibulatov () vs. Ulka Sasaki ()
- Siyar Bahadurzada (171) vs. Luan Chagas (170)
- Corey Anderson (205) vs. Patrick Cummins (205.6)
- Aspen Ladd (137.8) vs. Leslie Smith (135.4)
- Merab Dvalishvili (135.2) vs. Ricky Simon (135.8)
- Tony Martin (170.6) vs. Keita Nakamura (170.6)