With the news of a certain UFC lightweight title bout being made official for UFC 229 in Las Vegas in a month and a half, it is easy to lose track of what is happening in the rest of the UFC’s 155-pound division.
Earlier today, it was reported that the UFC are close to announcing a match-up between Tony Ferguson and Anthony Pettis to take place on the undercard to the McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov on October 6th, but before all of that takes place a fascinating match-up is set for Saturday’s UFC event in Lincoln, Nebraska between top lightweights Justin Gaethje and James Vick.
Gaethje, a former world champion from the World Series of Fighting (now Professional Fight League), is 1-2 since debuting with the UFC last year while Vick, last seen besting Joe Duffy in Madison Square Garden last November, has quietly amassed a 9-1 record in the organisation which has forced the UFC’s hand in pairing him with a top opponent.
And, after today’s weigh-ins, the fight is official (as is each contest on the card).
Full weigh-in results below:
- Justin Gaethje (156) vs. James Vick (156)
- Andre Fili (146) vs. Michael Johnson (146)
- Cortney Casey (115.5) vs. Angela Hill (115.5)
- Bryan Barberena (170) vs. Jake Ellenberger (170)
- Deiveson Figueiredo (125) vs. John Moraga (125.5)
- Eryk Anders (185.5) vs. Tim Williams (185)
- Warlley Alves (171) vs. James Krause (170.5)
- Iuri Alcantara (136) vs. Cory Sandhagen (135)
- Markus Perez (186) vs. Andrew Sanchez (185)
- Mickey Gall (169) vs. George Sullivan (170.5)
- Joanne Calderwood (125.5) vs. Kalindra Faria (125)
- Drew Dober (156) vs. Jon Tuck (155.5)
- Luke Sanders (135.5) vs. Rani Yahya (136)