‘The Strabanimal’ James Gallagher’s bantamweight debut is official.
The SBG Ireland product, who has registered 4 wins from 4 at featherweight (7-0 overall) in his Bellator tenure thus far, drops to 135-pounds to face Ricky Bandejas in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, on Friday.
A win, he says, will guarantee a title shot at 135-pound in Dublin before the end of the year.
Gallagher registered an official weight of 135.4-pounds, while Bandejas came in at the exact same weight.
It’s official. James Gallagher (@StrabanimalMMA) comes in at 135.4. #FightWeek #Bellator204 #GP pic.twitter.com/ye2RkF2TgM
— Paradigm Sports Management (@ParadigmSM) August 16, 2018
Darrion Caldwell, the Bellator bantamweight champion, faces Noad Lahat in the main event — oddly enough, at featherweight.
The full weigh-in results for Bellator 204 are as follows:
- Darrion Caldwell (145.2) vs. Noad Lahat (146)
- Logan Storley (170.2) vs. A.J. Matthews (169)
- James Gallagher (135.4) vs. Ricky Bandejas (135.4)
- Tywan Claxton (145.8) vs. Cris Lencioni (148.4)
- David Michaud (170.4) vs. Corey Davis (170.2)
- Jason Jackson (171) vs. Jordon Larson (170.2)
- Troy Nawrocki (155.4) vs. Omar Morales (155.8)
- DeMarques Jackson (155.6) vs. Bryce Logan (155.6)
- Micah Peatrowsky (154.2) vs. Keith Phathaem (155.8)
- Tyler Ray (170.4) vs. Seth Bass (170.8)
- Romero Cotton (185.4) vs. Willie Whitehead (200.2)
- Lloyd McKinney (125.4) vs. Robiel Tesfadelt (125.8)
- Wyatt Meyer (182) vs. Jeff Nielsen (183.6)