‘I’m definitely not in any trouble’: Jon Jones responds to battery allegations - MMA - TheMacLife

‘I’m definitely not in any trouble’: Jon Jones responds to battery allegations

Jones denies any wrongdoing after fresh reports emerged this morning related to an alleged battery case.

By John Balfe - 22 Jul 2019

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has denied that he will face any punitive action after reports emerged the 32-year-old had been charged with battery stemming from an April incident at an Albuquerque strip club.

A waitress at TD’s Eubank Showclub had alleged that Jones “slapped her inappropriately” and “pulled her down to his lap and kissed her neck”, as well as lifting her off the ground and placing her in a chokehold, per a report by KRQE News 13. The fighter has since paid a $300 bond.

James Hallinan, spokesperson for Jones, has released the following statement in the wake of Monday’s reports.

“Today, the media told Mr. Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address. However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr. Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he, and multiple witnesses, stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public.”

Jones also noted the incident on social media, writing on Twitter than he “definitely” isn’t in any trouble and suggesting that the information originally reported was false.

“I’m definitely not in any trouble my friend, don’t be so quick to believe everything you read on the Internet,” Jones wrote, later adding, “I know there’s a whole bunch of people hoping for my downfall but there’s even more who are proud of me and love seeing me do well. And screw staying inside, I love this community.. excited to keep climbing, haters going to be mad when I win in December.”

 

comments