Khamzat Chimaev has called for a return to the Octagon, with UFC CEO Dana White indicating that the former middleweight champion remains among the fighters under consideration for UFC 333 in Abu Dhabi.
Chimaev has not competed since losing the middleweight title to Sean Strickland earlier this year, a defeat which marked the first loss of his professional career. UFC 333 is scheduled to take place on Oct. 24 at Etihad Arena on Yas Island, although no bout involving Chimaev has been confirmed.
“What are we waiting for? I want to fight,” Chimaev wrote on X while tagging White, as noted by Sherdog.
White was asked about Chimaev’s post following Week 2 of Dana White’s Contender Series and said the 32-year-old remains in consideration for a return. “I didn’t see it,” White said. “Yeah, I mean, he’s always in conversation to fight. The whole roster is. I mean, everybody, in a perfect world, everybody fights three times a year.”
Chimaev initially suggested that he could move to light heavyweight following his defeat to Strickland but has since repeatedly called for a rematch with the American. UFC 333 could provide an opportunity for Chimaev to return, though the card already features two championship bouts and there has been no confirmation of his involvement.
Alexander Volkanovski is scheduled to defend the UFC featherweight title against Movsar Evloev in Abu Dhabi, while bantamweight champion Petr Yan is set to face Merab Dvalishvili for a third time. With two title fights already booked for the event, another championship contest would leave UFC 333 with three title bouts if Chimaev were to secure an immediate rematch with Strickland.



