Two of the most elite bantamweight fighters on earth are set to do battle on Saturday night in San Antonio, Texas, and the fight is official following Friday’s early weigh-ins in the Lone Star State.
Cory Sandhagen and Marlon ‘Chito’ Vera, two bantamweight contenders with a more than impressive array of techniques at their disposal, will fight in a keenly-anticipated headline scrap late on Saturday after both successful made weight this morning.
A co-headliner between former champion Holly Holm and Yana Santos is also good to go in what will be just Holm’s second fight since October 2020, and which comes after she put pen to paper on on a brand new six-fight UFC deal.
All fighters hit their mark on the scales with the exception Manuel Torres who was deemed medically unfit to weigh in ahead of a lightweight fight against Trey Ogden.
The full UFC on ESPN 43 weigh-in results are:
- Marlon Vera (136) vs. Cory Sandhagen (135.5)
- Holly Holm (135.5) vs. Yana Santos (135)
- Nate Landwehr (145.5) vs. Austin Lingo (146)
- Maycee Barber (125.5) vs. Andrea Lee (126)
- Manel Kape (125.5) vs. Alex Perez (126)
- Albert Duraev (186) vs. Chidi Njokuani (185)
- Tucker Lutz (146) vs. Daniel Pineda (145.5)
- Lucas Alexander (146) vs. Steven Peterson (146)
- Trevin Giles (170.5) vs. Preston Parsons (171)
- Daniel Da Silva (126) vs. CJ Vergara (126)
- Trey Ogden (155.5) vs.
Manuel Torres(fight cancelled due to medical reasons)
- Victor Altamirano (124.5) vs. Vinicius Salvador (126)